Foreign nationals wishing to visit the United States for a specific purpose may do so for a temporary period of time. Examples of a temporary visit would be business, pleasure (vacation) or a medical treatment or operation. Requirements for a non- immigrant visa include:
1. The foreign national must be in the U.S. for a temporary stay.
2. They must possess a valid passport
3. The foreign national must leave at the end of their authorized stay.
4. A foreign permanent address must be retained while visiting.
5. The foreign national must obey all terms and conditions of their admission. They may be asked to provide proof of financial support.
For more information click here: